Summer time is approaching!
And what goes better along high temperatures than a delicious ice cream? If you’re planning a visit to Porto in the next sunny days, here’s a list that will be very helpful to you: our Top 5 ice cream shops in town!
1. The oldest and most traditional ice cream shop in Porto is Neveiros, created in the 1960’s. They offer over 60 different flavors and tons of unique toppings. Try the famous Coconut with Malagueta pepper! Address: Rua da Alegria, 930.
2. Santini is a famous ice cream shop that first started in 1949 in Cascais. They opened their first shop in Porto in 2015 and the queues are a proof of their popularity! If you like fruity flavors, this is the place to go. You can also try the special flavor designed exclusively to Porto, made with Port wine, fig, and nuts! Address: Largo dos Lóios, 17.
3. Another traditional place is Sincelo, working since 1980. They offer 30 flavors made daily with fresh ingredients. Also, each season they create new ice cream flavors and combinations. This year they opened a new store, so you can find them in two locations: at Rua de Ceuta 54 and at Passeio de São Lázaro 14.
4. Cremosi offers different flavors every month. Besides the classics you can try original creations, like lemon vodka, green tea with mint, and orange, strawberry and honey! And they are also famous for their crepes and waffles. With 5 stores is hard to miss them: Praça Filipa de Lencastre, 25; Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 33; Av. Norton de Matos c/ Rua Carlos Carvalho, 94 (Matosinhos); Praia de Lavadores (Gaia) and at Mercado do Bom Sucesso, near Rotunda da Boavista.
5. Least but not less, at 1927 Gelataria Portuense you can find the most original ice cream flavors in town. They offer 16 classic ice creams, like dark chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, and 6 original flavors that change regularly. For example, you can try an ice cream made with Earl Grey tea, salty caramel, and cacao nibs! Address: Rua do Bonjardim, 136.
We hope you have enjoyed our tips! Don’t miss a chance to try one of this places when you’re in Porto. And if you’re a foodie and wants to discover the coolest places to eat in town, book a tour with us! We will share all of our favorite places with you :)