Great news for our Canadian friends: Air Canada launched a new seasonal flight to Porto! From June 8th to October 27th, there are new direct flights connecting Toronto to Porto. According to Jim Byers,
Portugal is popping up on many a list of the hottest spots to visit in Europe. Luckily for Canadians and Canada-based travel agents, Air Canada is making it even easier to get there.
The writer, who is a huge fan of our country, enlisted a few reasons why you should make Porto your next destination! Here are they:
1. Our ancient past. The Romans were in the Porto area and some of this heritage can still be visited!
2. The Ribeira. One of the most charming neighbourhoods in the city keep on enchanting visitors. The narrow streets, the clothes hanging outside to dry, the colourful tiles and the local markets… The Ribeira has it all!
3. Our Churches. Even if you’re not religious, you will fall in love with the beautiful churches of Porto! Santa Clara, Sé, São Francisco, Misericórdia, Clérigos… There are so many and each has its own charm. Don’t miss them!
4. Port Wine. Obviously, the drink is still one of the biggest reasons why visitors decide to come to Porto. Fall in love with the breathtaking Douro Valley, learn all about the history behind the drink in Vila Nova de Gaia, and have a sip at Ribeira. You’ll never forget this experience!
5. The surrounding cities and villages. From Porto, you can visit many great places in Portugal. Our suggestions are numerous: Guimarães, Braga, Aveiro, Coimbra, the Douro Valley, Gerês National Park… With trains and buses, you can make Porto your starting point to many day-trips.
If you still need more reasons to fall in love with our city, join us on a private tour. We will show you and tell you all about the area and I can guarantee: I’ll love it!