Learn how to mix with the locals in Porto – using bad words!
Yes, a true Portuense is not afraid of expressing himself, even if this mean using a few bad words or expressions! It is very normal in Porto to use some words that would be considered rude in other cities, but if you want to become a Tripeiro you must get used to it! :D
Here’s a few examples:
- Morcão: use to call someone that you think is stupid!
- Azeiteiro: someone that doesn’t like to work/has bad taste in clothes/is nasty guy;
- Vai no Batalha: “you’re lying”.
- Vai te cozer: sounds like “go f*uck yourself” but literally means “go cook yourself”!
- Sostra: a lazy person;
- Caguei e andei: means “I really really don’t care”.
But you can only use this expressions with locals! We swear they will not get offended :D
He hope you liked our tips to become a local! If you want to learn more about Porto and its particularities, book a tour with us. You will learn all about Porto’s way of life! Get in touch if you are ready to become a Tripeiro!